seahunt-MikeB you worry too much!

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Karl S. on September 29, 2001 at 12:38:22:

In Reply to: Sea Ranch - The next day posted by seahunt on September 18, 2001 at 10:59:58:

you two guys were way deeper than me that day, and freediving way deeper too. 25 fsw depth is my current limit on freediving, not 35+ like you do.

i realized that out where you were, if anything went wrong there for you, there was nothing I could do about it. so i stayed where the beautiful sunlit grotto that i was freediving in kept to 20 fsw depth, and i just explored around there. the Ocean water was so clear that day that it was almost like being in the tropics. it was cold, but clear and beautiful.

i was worried about you and joe, but i figured that since you two were together you could help each other out.

he seemed to me to be a little stressed out from the start of our entry, so that told me that there was something about him that we didnt quite know yet. you stayed pretty relaxed all through that dive day, as did i.

i never before saw or experienced a huge breaking wave 150 yds out to sea like that one that ripped past you and grabbed my float and dragged it almost all the way back to shore. i learned never to put my carkeys in my float after that!

give me a call or send me an email when you are up north again. lets go diving some more!

/s/ Karl S.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]