Palos Verdes not far from Point Fermin

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on September 30, 2001 at 12:45:20:

In Reply to: Poll: opening night, where'd you dive & how many did you get? posted by el buzo viejo on September 29, 2001 at 11:23:05:

OK so it was Saturday night, not opening night. Opening night I was flying home from Toronto. Anyway four of us went out last night. Anchored in the special spot my wife and I had scouted a while ago. I buddied wth my 21 year old daughter. I grabed three that I thought were legal until careful measurement indicated that they were clickers (sure looked legal!). I saw many more that were not legal. Janine found some clickers, too.

Tim and Richard were buddied and Tim had a BIG one in his hand for a short while. Richard came up with 4. He said he was worried about 2 of them because he was roling around when he checked them. He was the last in water, so he handed up the catch and we double-checked them on the swimstep. 2 were questionable -- no click, but well, gosh, its really not worth having short bugs!

So we brought two home. Richard's wife is still doing the vegetarian thing and his kids do not like lobster. So he gave them to me! I got skunked, but still ended up with two. Gotta go back in a couple of days and try to get some more so I can make a dinner for the family.

The dive was wonderful and peaceful. The air was warm and companionshp was great. In the end, none of us cared about the bugs, it was the diving togeter and laughing and midnight run to Crispy Cremes that made this a great night.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]