Govenor vetoes rigs to reefs bill

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by msblucow on October 14, 2001 at 21:33:36:

Check out the Sunday California section. It's on the front page.

You know, I admit to being what a lot of folks would call a 'radical environmentalist', but I think the greenies really shot themselves in the foot this time. And they'll have no idea what they've done until they see the tons of biomatter rotting on the docks once the oil companies start to dismantle the rigs and bring them in for disposal.

BTW, I had meant to bring this up earlier, but when I went to the MPA meeting that the Greater LA Council of Divers sponsored at the Cabrillo Aquarium last Sunday, there were maybe TWENTY divers in the auditorium. Where the heck was everyone? I keep hearing from the dive community how the MPA's will 'destroy' our rights to fish and hunt, yet when an opportunity presents itself to get educated on the subject, no one shows up.

If nothing else, maybe the rigs-to-reefs fiasco will convince everyone to get off our collective butts, get informed, and make our voices heard. What say ye?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]