Re: Anther question for TDI Diver

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TDI Diver on October 24, 2001 at 10:52:57:

In Reply to: Anther question for TDI Diver posted by Nitrox36 on October 23, 2001 at 12:19:44:

I don't have any experience with the PC110 so I can't give you an opinion on it.

I use the TRV 900 with the Blue Fin and use both Halgen and HID lights (not at the same time)had to put that in for the flamer's.

I have used both Gates and L&M housing's. I prefer the L&M, it is smaller lighter and IMO L&M gives better service.

You really can't compare between a 1 chip and a 3 chip camera. I had a sony 310 camera which was a digital 8 1 chip and when you compare the picture and color quality the 900 3 chip far superior.

I know L&M is expensive but IMO you can't do better. If it were me and I did not have the money to buy the Blue Fin I would go with a Sting Ray travel pack and use it with the 900, save money for the Blue Fin and remote video monitor (LCD) and buy it when I had the money. That way you can use the lights that came with the Sting Ray system and sell the Sting Ray. The other thing you get with L&M is the people and the service you can't get better IMO.

As far as the filters go, if you use the blue filter in shallow water or on the surface you will get a tint in your video. You will also get the same tint if you leave the filter on and shoot with lights on.
I don't use any filter shallower than about 20 feet unless its overcast. Also sometime here in Socal if there is a plankton bloom I use the filter, it just takes a little experience and practice to judge when to use it. For the most part I shoot with lights so I don't use the filter at all.

I hope this helpls, if not send me an e-mail and I will answer any questions you have. To get my e-mail address just drop the nospam. out of it.

Take Care;
DW

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]