Re: 'advanced certs' don't really exist

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on November 19, 2001 at 16:04:03:

In Reply to: Re: 'advanced certs' don't really exist posted by Jason on November 19, 2001 at 15:45:36:

Jason,

I think you may have misunderstood what I was trying to communicate.. What I was explaining is the current state of the legislative and judicial history and the requisite reliance on the idea that, as an industry and/or an agency, you are basicaly indemnified to the extent that you weren't grossly negligent and relied upon the industry standard [ ie; a c-card].. What my vision of where the industry should be, and what the acceptable level of indemnification from lawsuits are, are two very vastly different scenarios...

I come from a viewpoint of that we need to demand more from training agencies, and not be willing to accept the lowest defendable, common denominator that the legal affairs department will sign off on.. Lawyers are the very worst business people in the world because they worry about what may happen, whereas real business people have vision and project what they want to happen. I deal with lawyers because I have to, not because I want to...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]