meaning clarified

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris on December 03, 2001 at 10:20:31:

In Reply to: Re: troubling posted by Jason on December 03, 2001 at 02:19:56:

A blatant promotion is a posting whose sole purpose is just that, and is obvious.
Let’s say an instructor posts I have an OW class on Jan 3, 2002.
Then a two weeks later the same instructor posts I still have openings …. that is not allowed.
But perhaps two weeks later a poster asks where is a place close to me to take a OW class…..then that same instructor responds; come to my OW class…..that is allowed because the thread was not started as a promotion of his class, and he did not change the subject of the post to “My OW class on 1/3/02”, but instead responded in the text.
It is obvious that this can be abused by the use of shills, but such attempts are usually obvious.

The rules had to be changed because a very few were abusing them, believing that the rules did not apply to them. All I really did is make the existing rules more detailed, they have not changed in their fundamental nature.

Contrary to the belief of some, I delete very few posts.
I typically only delete posts that are manifest violations of the posting rules.
Sometimes my other editors are more likely to delete posts, especially those containing personal attacks, than I am.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]