Re: solo freediving?

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on December 12, 2001 at 16:27:18:

In Reply to: Re: solo freediving? posted by Frank on December 11, 2001 at 15:26:39:

When alone there are many concerns, but one of the things that i am very cautious about is current. Two of my favority place are the Bishop rock area and Nic. Both of those places are prone to quickly emerging current. There have been times when i have gotten out to one of these places and just couldn't leave the boat. It's a drag, but you have to play by the ~rules. The worst thing that has ever happened to me in the water was having my mask ripped off by an errant piece of rebar sticking out of the wreck at Bishop.

I have a window in the bottom of the good skiff which helps greately when anchoring in tight places. I am able to see the bottom and place the anchor exactly where i want it. Loosing your anchor is to be avoided at all costs! Here is a picture of the window:

http://www.loveofsea.com/images/window.jpg

I have never experienced SWB or even come close to itthough i don't go much deeper than 50fsw.

I hope to someday get a photograph of a GW but other than that, i rarely give it a thought.

I love freediving, i can put on the suit and swim at different places with ease. I figure when i get old, i might take up scuba :) But until then, i'm having the time of my life! I put a new engine on the good skiff a couple of months ago and at 64 hours, i have spent 9 nights at SCI and 4 nights at Nic.

Brad

(loves the sea)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]