Re: Touching Bottom? Postscript

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve on December 28, 2001 at 09:59:27:

In Reply to: Re: Touching Bottom? posted by Steve on December 27, 2001 at 16:32:28:

Richard,

Have I got your attention now, listen up. I did two dives that day to count and record species of fish in order in gather data so the decision makers and planners can formulate what is needed to help preserve and sustain as many as we can for future generations. That was my mission, I took my camera on one dive in hopes of capturing and image I could share with others for educational purposes. If you were there then you must also share a similar goal because the boat was mostly scientists types. But you need to learn what the ocean can tolerate and what it can't. I left only knee imprints in the sand and destroyed nothing. There are some who just constantly destroy and poach some do it legally. I'm a carnivore so I do eat fish, I understand that some are completely green beings of the earth and some total destroyers. I'm am trying to find the logical balance of the extremes and help come up with a sustainability overall plan for the future of the oceans. My part is very minute but it's something. I hope you get involved in a more constructive way than bashing me for kneeing in the sand. Safe diving.

Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]