Re: Wonderful Feedback

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by finfan on January 23, 2002 at 12:43:44:

In Reply to: Re: Wonderful Feedback posted by Brad on January 22, 2002 at 20:39:54:

("stakeholder groups" is a euphemism for those who caused this depletion!)

I'm curious if any of the people advocating the closure of complete islands have ever endulged themselves in any form of seafood? If so, isn't it slightly hypocritical to suggest that someone else caused the depletion. Bottomline here is that until the human race loses its appetite for seafood or stops reproducing the stress on this limited resource will only worsen.

I know of very few divers (even the photo types) that haven't enjoyed some seafood at some point in their lives. Closures are a byproduct of an ineffective management program. Personally, I think F&G has excelled at managing only one thing over the last decade - they managed to get all of us blaming each other rather than holding them accountable for ineffective mangagement programs.

Fresh water or saltwater anyone can tell you that California F&G is the worst at managing the resource. They could really learn something from the management programs conducted in the gulf and in the Texas bass programs.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]