Re: Close San Nicolas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on January 23, 2002 at 21:00:47:

In Reply to: Re: Close San Nicolas posted by Brad on January 23, 2002 at 19:04:30:

I wonder what the "experts" say. There should be some people out there somewhere who have the knowledge and expertice to guess with some accuracy what effects doing whatever will have.

I have the feeling that part of everyones frustration is that they haven't really heard the predicted outcomes from the various possible managment senarios. I know that if I save $10 a month in five months I'll have $50. I know it isn't so easy when dealing with ecosystems instead of budgets, but, if the "experts" could say if we do "x" then we expect "y" to happen, and if we do "a&b" then we expect "c&d" to happen then people could make their own intelligent choices. Right now we have so little information.

Hopefully the "experts" from the scientific community will take some risks and come up with some kind of projections of the results that the different forms of management could have. So far I am only really aware of what might happen if we do nothing. I am also very aware of how angry people get when what seems like arbitrary lines are drawn on a map. If someone has done this kind of analysis and I'm just not aware of it, I sure would like to know about it. We could all decide on a goal that we could agree upon, an acceptable standard of living so to speak, and all work together to make it happen.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]