Re: Great Escape Relocation

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MEL. on May 06, 2002 at 20:12:33:

In Reply to: Great Escape Relocation posted by Captain Tim on May 05, 2002 at 20:19:15:

My 2 cents: I'm certainly not privy to all the goings on with 22nd St Landing, so I'm not in any position to question the move. However, I don't believe the parking is all that better than 22nd St. This is the pier where Bottom Scratcher is located. There are several fishing charters here and thier clientele get to the pier much earlier than the divers do. There have been a couple of times I've been on Bottom Scratcher that the lot was full when we got there.

The location is also pretty far in the harbor, and it does add time to the boat trip. There's also the drawbridge over the channel that the boats come back to the pier on. I was on Bottom Scratcher once when the drawbridge was down when we were comong back and it took about 45 minutes more to get to the dock.

I guess I'm just grumpy. I liked the 22nd St location as it was very close to where I live. Anyways, it won't stop me from diving Great Escape, which I consider the best of the dive boats in SoCal.
MEL

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]