people will always....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by rm on July 17, 2002 at 09:48:12:

In Reply to: Dive Boat Criticism posted by SeaUrchin on July 17, 2002 at 09:30:01:

People will always gravitate towards the negative than the normal.

I agree that this and other boards at times tend to focus on the negative. Sometimes the negative can be used as a tool; this has been pointed out recently. However, negative bull does no good.

I tried to do a boat survey. This would have sent a message to the crews, boat owners and captains on what is good and in some cases bad. As has been the case on these boards, when asked for your opinion, very few are willing to speak up. Sad. Most just want to bitch.

Those of you who know me, know that as a DM I always, and I mean always suited up and was ready to jump in the water. I have been on those boats with the lackey DM. Sad that when it hits the fan, the response times will be less than what it could be. Also, even thou I smoke occasional cigars, they do not belong on a boat packed with divers, most of who don’t smoke.

As a DM the dive operations belong to you. The captain is just the Taxi driver. When the hook goes in the water the responsibility of the diving and operations belong to the DM. Not too many take that responsibility to heart. The Specture DM is an example of a DM that knows what is going on and has the diving operation under control.

Robert

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]