Re: Nope. Didn't say that... Extremists are Mainly on one side.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric on August 07, 2002 at 12:38:00:

In Reply to: Nope. Didn't say that... Extremists are Mainly on one side. posted by Disgusted_Too on August 07, 2002 at 10:49:35:

Actually I'm for small MPAs. Like 10-15%. Not the way bigger areas proposed. Once closed they will never open back up. Do studies for five years and then decide what to do.
I believe commercial netting,gillnetting,lobster trapping, abalone harvesting, is the main reason for declines in fish stocks.
Salmon, white sea bass, black sea bass,halibut all are doing good. Fishing out of Morro Bay the rockfishing seems about the same as when I started over 20 years ago. Catching and releasing 20-40 short lingcod per trip the last 4 times we went over the last 3 years. Went to Catalina in the spring, we cought and released about 30 calicos. Came home with nothing.
I like a bug and or a scallop dinner sometimes and so does my wife. Would be alot cheaper to buy than to hunt for them myself but I like diving and being on the ocean.
I still think if you close off these areas to recreational fishermen then it should be closed to all.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]