Re: take them one to eat.

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wood on September 17, 2002 at 16:30:12:

In Reply to: thanks everyone...but F&G says it's O.K even for scallops posted by Nate on September 17, 2002 at 15:09:43:

No disrespect to Fish and Game but they don't even have enough man power to regulate the local fisheries, they don't even have a patrol boat! Given their limited resources, I sincerely doubt they are doing regular water testing or if that is even in their domain.

If you'd like an idea of the water quality; stop by Marina Village or Seaforth Sportfishing. They are both normally downwind in Quivira Basin and you get a nice look at what gets flushed out every low tide.

Casa Cove has been closed forever due to Sea Lion pollution and that’s open ocean. The basin has about 30 residents that eat and dump in there every day, and that bay does not circulate well.

Not trying to beat up on you, understand your not going to eat it. Just wanted to give you the perspective of someone who works on that water full time. Mission Bay is filthy. I would rather pay someone to dive off our dock to get a dropped tank than dive it myself.

Wood

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]