Re: We would be proud of u 2 Brain if we knew u let them go after the pic.

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JR Gordon on October 05, 2002 at 16:28:46:

In Reply to: Re: We would be proud of u 2 Brain if we knew u let them go after the pic. posted by Scuba-Doo on October 05, 2002 at 10:58:38:

I live in Brentwood; we don't have cockroaches. But if we did....

If sustaining the bug population was really in jeopardy, I would agree with your hypothesis. But as evidenced by the large numbers of shorts that abound in these waters, bugs are repopulating just fine thank you. I would be more concerned with the commercial trappers where supposedly 95% of the local catch is taken. And if you really care, boycott The Red Lobster chain who rape, pillage, and plunder the Mosquito Coast for cheap bugs. Their buying policies send countless uneducated native diver/hunters to a life in diapers and wheelchairs(or worse)in their zealous quest for affordable lobster dinners in the suburbs. Several years ago I donated to a private medical group of divers who purchased and set up 5 portable chambers down there in a vain attempt to save lives. Last I heard only one was still in working order, but there was no one there who could operate it. Best laid plans...

So I choose to let the few sportdivers who are fortunate and skilled enough to land an occasional big ones enjoy their trophy, photos, and accompanying meal. Congratulations are in order. There are bigger hills to die on.....BTY, large ones may be a bit tougher, but are equally tasty to me....

JRG

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]