Easy ken,

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by SLANG on February 04, 2003 at 10:55:50:

In Reply to: Re: 1 Day, or 3 Days for Chamber Day? posted by Ken Kurtis, Chairman - Chamber Day/Eve 2003 on February 03, 2003 at 11:53:37:

If I understood the spirit of WEH's post (and there's no guarantee I did), I don't think he was being critical of the organizers or the event. My take on his opinion was, if no one is going to book any of the boats on the weekend following Chamber Day, it essentially costs the boat owners 3 days of bookings instead of the one they originally anticipated donating.

I imagine Chamber Day was originally scheduled for mid-week specifically to benefit the owners donating their boats, so they wouldn't lose a valuable weekend dive day. However, if no one goes diving the following weekend, the owners might as well donate their boats on that weekend for a day. Is there some other reason why it has to be held during the week?

I don't think anyone is arguing that supporting the chamber is not worthwhile; and I don't think anyone is being critical of Reef Seekers' invaluable efforts in coordinating the support. At the same time, I know it would be a lot easier for me to attend if it were held on the weekend.

Then again, I could be completely wrong and WEH might just be a wanker trolling in a target rich environment.

SLANG

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]