Re: Steve-O's ignorance is showing and his comprehension is poor.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by SteveK on May 07, 2003 at 10:49:30:

In Reply to: Re: Steve-O's ignorance is showing and his comprehension is poor. posted by Bingo Bongo on May 06, 2003 at 09:41:26:

"The problem I have with you is, again, not what you are saying, but how you are presented it as a parroting ass on this subject."

I never claimed to be a good communicator. I just asked a question. I think your problem is that you have somehow related my question to be a personal attack on you. It isn't, as we know that one person discharging three miles off shore will have very little impact. You need to look at the "Big Picture" because there are millions of boats that carry many more than one or two people and pollution can cause negative effects thousands of miles down current, even effecting coral reefs. You are aware that corals are endangered? Maybe I should have worded my question to have multiple choice answers. Here's the original question:

"I was wondering how much more we could improve our coastal waters if the the 1992 Federal Clean Vessel Act which made it illegal to dump raw sewage within a three mile limit of land to an outright ban of all dumping of raw sewage anywhere by anyone? In other words, all sewage must be pumpout and treated period."

a) Great idea and a step in the right direction that should be considered on a global level. It would help every aspect of the oceans health from clear water to spawning habitats to quality and purity of seafood products.

b) Wouldn't help at all.

c) I don't care.

d) I operate within current statues that are a hassle to me.

e) Steve, you're a babbling ass.

As a side note that is far fetched and not worth mention but interesting food for thought. Just yesterday I was reading that some viruses can live in fecal material like the SARS. Is it impossible that sewage discharge from Asis could effect our waters or marine life in general somewhere?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]