Dive report, Olympic wreck and Ace One. +

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on September 13, 2003 at 16:57:31:

Usually green surface water makes me hope for better conditions on the bottom, which is not always the case. Today, I was grateful for green water. After two weeks of brown stuff, the green was a welcome sight. We didn't find any red tide outside of the harbor today. Roos-O, Beth-O and Brian Basura joined me this morning for a couple of wreck dives. The Ace One had the best conditions I've seen there this year. We had close to thirty feet vis with no current. The wreck was covered with large Lingcod and Ross found a three foot Sheephead hiding inside the stern. Nearly all the metridium senile anemones were open, making this a great wreck to visit for lookie-loos.
We made our next dive at the Olympic II. I was expecting the same conditions, but the vis was less, about twenty feet and there was a bottom current as well as a thermocline right above the wreck. The metridiums here were closed. I took my scooter down, but the current made it a drift dive, so I really didn't need it. Another fun day under water!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]