You completely misunderstand my sentiment

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on December 19, 2003 at 16:52:27:

In Reply to: will change my tune for gas money posted by average jane on December 19, 2003 at 13:50:43:

When the sportfishing community declared 'war' against the Channel Island reserves, i quit sportfishing and quit taking all game-period. That was my committment to the protection of our shared environment. If you know of anyone else who has made a similar personal comittment, i would very much appreciate your assistance in making their acquaintence....

That statement; We all share the loss, but do we share the profit?!

That was meant to highlight the fact that when those few fishermen convert OUR vital forage into their personal income, we all share that loss to the habitat. But somehow the profits never become available to any cause that will help restore the damage that is done to our waters.

They take, they sell, and they keep all the proceeds. The DFG is in great need of more funding, but how much of the proceeds from that 44 million pounds of sardines will be used to help the dept? How much of the profits will go toward habitat restoration, pinniped rescue, educational programs, coastal clean up projects, marine research, putting more wardens on the water, etc??

Whether you photograph fish or kill them, that vital forage is essential to life in THESE waters!

This disparate relationship between those who reap the profits and those who could use additional funding needs to be rectified.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]