HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM THE RAPTURE!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LABUGMAN on January 03, 2004 at 06:34:41:

Happy new Year from the Rapture! The new year started great for Stacey & I. We and another couple, Kerry and Lauren, went to dinner at 22nd st. landing seafood restaurant, then we took the Rapture to the Queen Mary and saw an awsome fireworks display. After that I drove to the Ithmus and anchored for the night.Next morning we went to Santa Barbara Island and took the inflatable to shore at the ranger station. We hiked all the way to the other side of the Island. There we could see the boilers, the arch and San Nicholas Island. On the way to and from SBI we saw several schools of dolphins and a whale. The dolphins rode our bow as I slowed down  for them and they jumped out of the water right next to us several times.I stopped for the whale and he rolled over on his side and waved his tail fin at us twice.We got back to Catalina just in time for Kerry & I to go night diving. We did two productive dives at the Ithmus and went to sleep. The girls had prepared a fantastic meal of shrimp and tuna.The next day we woke up to a beautiful rainbow. We had breakfast at the Ithmus cafe and drove home just as the sea was getting churned up by the comming storm.What a great way to start the New Year! I look forward to sharing this new year with many of you....my friends.... Take care.....Mel 

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]