Re: Clarification

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave D on May 04, 2004 at 17:46:20:

In Reply to: Clarification posted by Scott on May 04, 2004 at 17:09:37:

Just playing. These boards are sort of designed for those kind of debates. I know that I only have 25 dives under my belt and when I was looking for a BC I started reading all of the posts on what would be a good BC and found that as soon as one person said they loved it for X number of reasons another said they hated it for the same number of reasons.
If your in Northern Cal, my recommendation is to do some internet research and go visit some different shops that are relatively close to you. I went to 5 before I decided on Hollywoodivers. And chose them over 2 that were geographically closer. I agree with Walts post that it is good to find a shop that dives locally and often.
As for Peak Performance buoyancy I have not taken it so I couldn't tell you how good the class is. However, I work on my buoyancy on every dive and when diving with a partner that seems to have better buoyancy with me I always ask them for advice and try to mimic what they do. This has certainly helped. Most divers are willing to help us new guys with things like that.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]