Re: He's got a year

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ptf on August 31, 2004 at 12:41:26:

In Reply to: He's got a year posted by Chris on August 31, 2004 at 11:21:17:

"However PADI still refuses to take any disciplinary action for their dm/instructor who botched the count and was the root cause of the Drifting Dan incident. If PADI were truly concerned about diver safety they would have taken at least some token disciplinary action in this case."

I have brought this up before to both this board and to PADI Corporate that the revocation and censure is not in the PUBLIC domain. Sure they list on 1/ a page in their quarterly journal a list of memebers who have been EXPELLED, SUSPENDED and SUPENSIOn LIFTED. for more information call Brad Smith, training and Quality Management, PADI Americas 1800PAY-PADI x2224

contrast that with what is done for Professional Engineeer and Land Surveyors via California Consumer Affairs. Not only is the member name and license published but a short synopsis of how the meber got himself into the situation and what action must be taken to regain the license. However due to budget the site has not been updated since March.

There is no reason why PADi could not do this. I would like to see my $$ go somewhere else other than propaganda.

Finally has anyone formally, via the written word snail-mail, asked what disciplianry action was taken against alleged DM??

ptf

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]