Re: Oil Rig access could be in jeopardy

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Barry on August 31, 2004 at 14:43:47:

In Reply to: Re: Oil Rig access could be in jeopardy posted by Ken Kurtis on August 31, 2004 at 09:47:58:

It sounds to me like we have different opinions coming from the Aera politicos that Ken talked to and from the Aera on-site managers who get the radio calls from private dive boats coming into the area. One party at Aera is concerned over liability issues, the other party is a bit more laid-back.

Reminds me of way back when I was a teenager working at a coffee shop. The shop was so small that we only had room for one restroom and it was only accessable from the back office, where the safe was. Therefore, management required that the bathroom only be used by employess, since there was too much liability involved with letting the public into the back office. Our manager was instructed to let NO PUBLIC back there, even if it was a mother with her little 4 year old who was pinching his crotch and wetting his pants because he had to go so bad. The rest of us grunts thought this was really awful policy, and we never enforced it.

So basically what happened is if a customer asked the MANAGER if they could use our restroom, they were denied. But if they asked one of us grunts then they usually were allowed in.

I hope you all can recognize the analogy.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]