Re: Need scuba instructor referral

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by No Worries on October 05, 2004 at 13:07:26:

In Reply to: Need scuba instructor referral posted by No Worries on October 04, 2004 at 21:23:34:

I'm not looking for a referral for a shrink, to discuss her motivations for becoming a diver, or to otherwise pre-qualify her mental/physical condition.

I'm a private boater, who enjoys fishing and diving (mostly for lobster, solo, at night). After my 6 dives to get PADI certified, I'd say 90% of my dives were night time solo for lobster. I've only done a few daytime dives, at Catalina, Yukon, and a few beach. I've never been through PADI Advanced training, or night training, or wreck training, and I've never had a problem I couldn't deal with.

I came here to get referrals from knowledgable people--not to be treated like some dumbarse who just walked into a Sport Chalet or some resort. I don't need an instructor who wants to take her out for a beach dive when the surfs pounding, blindfolding her and tying one hand behind her back. I don't want any of that DIR mumbo-jumbo either. I just wanted to find somebody like the guy who trained me. It cost me $250 bucks, and was practically a private class.

I don't need an ex-UDT celebrity on a soapbox--just a good instructor who will properly train my woman to be a good diver.

Thanks to those of you who provided me with names/contact info.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]