Re: Santa Monica Pier Breakwater

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Pasley on October 13, 2004 at 23:42:13:

In Reply to: Re: Santa Monica Pier Breakwater posted by So Cal Divin on October 13, 2004 at 18:12:15:

I just got back from diving the Kings Harbor break wall. This site is one where normally you are thinking the entire dive "I have got to take a shower after this, a long hot shower, with disinfectant, and then maybe another shower". But tonight the water was clear, with good visibility. Saw two octopi out swimming, both about 18 inches from top of head to end of tenacles. Swa roughly 1,000 lobsters. All in the 1/2 to 1 inch or 2 inch size. A light shined on the rocks or into a hole reflected off lots of small eyes belonging to these small lobsters. Spotted two or three that might have been legal, but they declined my invatation to get measured. Still it was a good dive.

Sorry to hear you are laid up. When you get better, we will go diving. This year I have only done 62 dives.... so far. Diving is part of my physical fitness plan. Age 50, 72 inches tall, weight 144, waist 29 inches and shrinking. It is as effective as the stairmaster and a heck of a lot more fun.

I was thining the SM breakwall might be a good place to pick up dinner. I may have to give it a try.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]