Re: Nitrox

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doug Williams on November 09, 2004 at 09:34:24:

In Reply to: Re: Nitrox posted by seahunt on November 08, 2004 at 21:05:28:

Seahunt, I didn't mean my comments as an attack on you, I hope you didn't take them that way.

As for Nitrox. We don't need to beat a dead horse. My belief is that is a better gas to dive with than air to 100 ft, but that's me, you may feel different and that's you so be it.

I haven't used air in at least 3 maybe even as much as 4 yrs with the execption of Maui diving with Ed Robinson where they don't have it an getting it is a real pain. But when I use air there I HATE it, I always feel drained after a day of diving and it limits the available dive time so much.

Anyway to each his own, I just find it funny that the "old school" is so resistant to change.
I look at the state of the dive industr and I'm amazed that nobody seems to catch on that change may be a good thing. I fear that in the not to distanct future there will be no dive industry as we know it today, if at all becuase no one is will to make a change.

At least I have my own compressor and have the ability to do my own "thing" if you will so the decline in the industry has little effect on what I do. But what about those that can't for whatever reason be in that position????

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]