OK, Elaine, I'll give you 10,000 seals per starving white shark +

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by darwin on November 10, 2004 at 19:36:49:

In Reply to: Amen Max Bottomtime (nt) posted by Elaine on November 09, 2004 at 20:00:37:

OK, Elaine, I'll give you 10,000 seals per starving white shark.
No doubt you have noticed the thousands of emaciated white sharks washed up on the beach? It is TOTALLY obvious that the MAJOR cause of declining white shark populations is ... STARVATION!!!

At any rate, 10,000 seals/shark X 10000 white sharks = 100 million seals. I can live with that, since it is about 200 million seals less than we have now.

OK, Assuming a population of 10,000 coho salmon, that's 10,000 seals per salmon.

Given that a seal eats its weight in fish every three days, and that the average seal weighs 400 pounds, and that 10 % of the diet of seals consists of salmon, the coho salmon will be extinct in 3 weeks.

Better catch a few now before they are extinct!

Ok, so I have NO clue what the numbers really are, so they will certainly make me an expert! Max stated that the experts had NO clue how many white sharks there were, or are, thus the numbers must be EXTREMELY low. Given that logic, I'm CERTAINLY and expert - because I have NO clue.

Once the salmon are extinct, we will need to take some action!!

Now, although I have never heard of anyone spearing a salmon (illegal), I just KNOW in my heart that those bubble blowing spearos are responsible!

Therefore we MUST pass a law banning ALL scuba divers from entering the water in California!!

Oh NO! They will want to make me Governor! While Arnie is admiring his pecs in the mirror, I will win hands down for passing a green law protecting fuzzy seals.

Too bad the coho salmon will become extinct. Too bad many species of groundfish will cease to exist. 100,000,000 seals - YYYYEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]