I dont sell them RossO

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Northcoast diver on January 04, 2005 at 16:24:14:

In Reply to: Re: OK hugs and kisses posted by Ross-O on January 03, 2005 at 16:36:46:

I dont sell them RossO, I just wear them. Therefoer I could not tell you about every single generic product available.

Used to have a ScubaPro jacket. Donated it to the University of Santa Clara. Works good in the pool. But jacket style B/Cs are really a bad idea for California diving. It was an unresearched impulse purchase. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes.

I still have a Zeagle back inflation B/C. Love it for the tropics and for single tank diving here in Cali.

I also have an OMS plate. I attached my Zeagle wing to it, and it works perfectly for my twin 130s. Since it is easier to attach an STA to it rather than moving the wing back over to the Zeagle for single tank diving, I got an STA for it as well.

Someday I might get the Dive Rite wings. They look good. More sturdy than the Zeagles at the connection points. For now, my Zeagle wings are still holding up fine, even after 5 years of diving with them a lot.

I generally avoid Halcyon products, unless they have demonstrated superb performance for a give item.

Halcyon's reels are failure prone. So I avoid those.

Halcyon's flashlights and signal sausages are superb. Their STAs are pretty good too. IMO.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]