Re: Case of skin cancer on the sundiver not litigated

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gregg Materna on January 31, 2005 at 20:27:46:

In Reply to: Drifting Dan sues shop, Captain Ray, and boat for $4,000,000 posted by Chris on January 27, 2005 at 17:41:32:

I dive the Sundiver. I love Ray Arntz. Sure, he's a crusty independent salty dog, all good captains are. He taught me a LOT about diving, the ocean, spearfishing and freediving. I also got skin cancer from a trip on the sundiver. I took a nap up on top in the sun between dive spots. The usual travel time is twenty minutes between spots, so I didn't put on sunscreen. But Ray, with a boat full of divers, stopped to help out a guy with his kids who had a boat that was broken. Ray waited until vessel assist arrived. The guys anchor wouldn't bite, and he was drifting into shore...if Ray didn't stop to help the boat would have been destroyed. I slept for the two hours Ray was helping the guy out, and I got skin cancer. And I am not suing Ray. Sure, Ray needs customers, but what he needs more is a friend in the mob who knows how justice really can be served in these situations. The legal system in america is a joke, so Ray and all of our other fantastic captains in SoCal need us to use our best judgement when we dive. Good Luck Ray, we are behind you 100%.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]