diver.net

Re: La Paz - Club Cantamar Info?

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]
Posted by Pockets on July 05, 2005 at 20:19:42:

In Reply to: La Paz - Club Cantamar Info? posted by Beth on July 05, 2005 at 09:16:29:

I just got back from La Paz last week. I stayed at La Concha and dove with Cortez Club. I was happy with both. I'd go back in a heartbeat, that's for sure. I saw the Cantamar boats and, yeah they look a little weathered. But, the Cortez Club boats can be pretty small and it's like spending 90 minutes on a jet ski across the open ocean. You will like the diving so much you won't care that much about the boat. My surprise there was the currents. They can be pretty swift at times and the divemaster will take off into them expecting you to follow. If you're in good shape, no problem. If not, have a plan for dealing with a rough current. The dry land surprise were the absolutely awesome beaches. Pichilingue and Techolote were great beaches. You have got to check them out. La Paz isn't as touristy as Cabo or other places. I liked that. You may go to a restaurant for dinner and be the only Americans in there. The people are very nice but that's Mexico; a friendly place. The divemasters I was with were not as diligent as the states. I think they expect advanced divers out there. We'd be 10 minutes or so into a dive before our divemaster ever looked back. So, as we should all do anyways, rely on your own common sense and skills and have a good buddy and you'll have a great experience with some big, big fish! I swam right next to a whale shark for about five minutes and saw mantas, hammerheads, sea lions, etc.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to