diver.net

The dog did Avalon! Survived an altercation with the bomb dog and swam.

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]
Posted by Elaine on July 10, 2005 at 19:26:00:

In Reply to: Dogs and Avalon Question posted by Elaine on July 09, 2005 at 14:31:54:

There are times that animals never cease to amaze me and today was one of them.

We signed in at the express terminal, signed the waver, stopped at a patch of dirt for a last minute potty stop, and boarded the express with some doggie disgruntlement about the muzzle.

Shortly after boarding we ran across the homeland security bomb sniffing dog. This dog saw my dog and it went beserk with a huge over reaction of growls, barks, and tooth display. My dog just looked at the bomb dog like "whats your problem buddy". I think homeland security was a little embarrassed. Maybe being a bomb dog is very stressful.

After that, the first twenty minutes of engine noise, boat movement, and new sights and sounds produced a quivvering 85lb mass of dog protoplasm. She got over it.

Avalon is very dog friendly, except they don't want dogs on the main street downtown. We walked the back roads to get to the otherside of the town to pick up the road to the point.

She sat at the Scuba Trail table and was petted, scratched, and fussed over by divers all day. She loved it.

I took her down the steps at the point and she had no problem with the ocean. She didn't like the waves but she tolerated them.

Afterwards we went over to lovers cove and took a walk down the old boat ramp into the water. No problem, look mom I can swim. When I think of all of the times that getting her into the bath tub has been a battle of wits I'm dumbfounded.

She slept most of the way home on the express.

Go figure. It was a great way to spend some quality time with the dog. She liked it so much I'm thinking of doing it again. So....don't overlook Avalon as a place to spend a nice day with your dog.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to