diver.net

I'm a Spectre fan

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]
Posted by Anastasia Laity on July 16, 2005 at 15:50:02:

In Reply to: Spectre, Peace, & Truth posted by Rnr on July 16, 2005 at 13:25:58:

The Spectre has a big hot tub (HUGE advantage, in my book), and better food than most boats. The bunk area isn't as nice as some - but hardly anyone takes advantage of it, since the boat leaves comparitively late in the morning, so on the plus side there's always plenty of space down there if you want to sleep on board the night before! For summer dives, I recommend the Spectre 100%. In the winter, if the boat is packed, there's not enough room in the galley for everyone, and those of us who get seasick are stuck outside in a lot of cold and wet.

They've got a nice sundeck up top to hang out and eat your lunch, and you stay in the same spot on the benches all day long (which I like) - in fact, every diver has kind of a "cubby" where your tank goes, with space underneath for a dive bag. I like this system a lot, though it cuts down on the actual deck space available for gearing up. (I just gear up sitting down at my cubby)

One thing about the Spectre: it's a long way down to the water. :) I don't know exact numbers, but to me it's always seemed like the farthest drop in (except perhaps for bow entries off the Truth boats). My first-ever boat dive was off the Spectre, and it took me three tries to talk myself into doing that giant stride!

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to