diver.net

Re: Re: Terranea 1.9 mil vs 2 mil hmmmm

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by pasley on October 06, 2005 at 09:09:16:

In Reply to: Re: Terranea 1.9 mil vs 2 mil hmmmm posted by divinotter on October 03, 2005 at 12:53:54:

I share your concerns. I also wonder why more divers are not attending the public meetings on this. The PV City council is doing a great job ensuring public access and one of the city councilmen is an avid kayaker (and former SCUBA diver) at that site.

I have attended both PV city council meetings and Terranea sales pitch and talking directly with Mr. Robert Lowe of Lowe development, you have nothing to worry about.

The public will have ample parking (200 more spaces than the city required)with all public parking spaces being for full sized cars(yippee), but a little further to walk. The path will be ADA accessible which means a grade of 1:12 or less (hence the longer walk, which was necessary to get the slope right), picnic tables, drinking fountains, showers, restroom and changing rooms, places to buy food and beverages, benches to rest on.

Public access plan is available to view at PV city hall and I should have the electrons on it today. http://www.sandeaters.org has a map of the development and will have more information as I obtain it.

By the way, not only does PV have to give a final on this (not yet done) but the California Costal Commission has yet to sign off and they have hearings you can attend and voice your concerns.

By the way,the units come furnished by Lowes and I am told the furniture will be updated and replaced by the hotel as time goes by.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to