diver.net

Re: Jet Fins w/ spring straps

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by So Cal Divin on October 29, 2005 at 19:58:16:

In Reply to: Jet Fins w/ spring straps posted by So Cal Divin on October 28, 2005 at 16:13:34:

Thanks yall

But I do alot of shore diving , long surface swims and hunting in kelp and nothing works better than my Apollo's w/ spring straps, hands down.
Shore diving: less time in the surf zone. Slap their on and I'm gone.

Long surface swims: With Jets it takes me twice as long and 3 times the amount of energy to go the same distance as my dive buddies with their splits.

Hunting in kelp.: Case in point. Today did some billy goat diving in PV today with my other dive buddies Apollo's (He broke his foot and won't be needing them for awhile. Oh yeah he used to own a set of Turtles til he tried my Apollo's) He still has the original straps and I was trailing kelp like a wedding day automobile. Pain in the A ! But at least I could keep up with my buddy and still have the energy (barely)to climb the cliff for the second time.

My spring straps have a horseshoe with a bolt that runs through it and clamps around the fins post. Failsafe. Got them off a guy on SCUBABoard. He's in Canada. $30 to my door. I don't think he's making them anymore but lucky for me my dive buddy has an extra set. I just need the fin/s to go with them.

So any takers ? Am I off on my pricing ? I paid $80 alone for the straps. For $85-$95 I can get a good used set of Apollo's on ebay.
Going to try SCUBABoard next since there's alot of Tech guys over there.

Sea ya.
Jeff Gray

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to