diver.net

Re: POLL: Rudest Dive Shops ... my list

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by neptune on November 10, 2005 at 08:26:58:

In Reply to: POLL: Rudest Dive Shops in So Calif posted by neptune on November 09, 2005 at 09:33:30:

Here are the *only* dive shops I have ever encountered unpleasant experiences.

PISMO BEACH DIVE SHOP -- went in 2 weeks ago to get a fill and the place wasn't staffed. There is an adjoining gift shop next door and the clerk kept giving me strange looks while I patiently waited for someone to show up. After 20 minutes, I just left. It's a good thing I'm not a theif because I could of just walked out with my choice of new dive equipment. Maybe I caught them on a bad day?

DEPTH PERCEPTIONS in LOS OSOS / MORRO BAY -- their staff should be on some type of medication for social anxiety disorder. Ask them *any* question and here are their answers: "yes, no, over there." One thing they are good at though is to make you feel like your lower than the earth you stand on if your not from their area. I even wondered if any out-of-town visitor wound up commiting suicide after visiting this shop.

VENTURA DIVE in the VENTURA HARBOR -- I'll never forget their answer they gave when I went in and asked about local dive sites: "The ocean is across the street and its big". One word summarizes this place: the word rhymes with bricks; replace the 'b' with 'p'

SCUBATOYS -- Please donate Midol to this place. This place affords an excellent opportunity to verify that there is indeed a form of male PMS.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to