Buddy(ies): Doug and MissyP
Time: 9:53
Bottom Time: 2:02
Max Depth: 49'
Vis: 15'
Wave height: 0-1'
Temp at depth: 56F
Surface Temp: 58F
Comments: Missy got to try out her new Barbie drysuit today. A little water entered one wrist seal, but not too bad.

We enterered off the point today, but Missy had a sticky situation. Her tank got stuck between rocks. I yanked her out into the water just before a swell pushed me back into the rocks. No harm, no foul. Within a few minutes, we were exporing the main reef. We looked on rocks, under ledges and through tunnels for the varied life residing there.

We found a large Batray chomping on some crustacean goodies. He didn't seem to mind the visitors. I hope Missy got better pictures than I did.

There was a fish hanging out there that I had never seen before. The closest I've found to it is the Pacific Spadefish. The fins are a little different though. Anyone know what it is?

Among the nudibranchs we found today were Lemon nudis, San Diego Dorids everywhere, Cuthona divae, Hopkin's Rose, Hudson's dorid, Monterey dorid, Yellow dorid, Hermissenda crassicornis, Porter's chromodorid and Spanish Shawl.

Missy wasn't feeling well, so she and Doug went to the surface so she could feed the fish. I continued my dive toward the cove, where I found the usual Blacksmiths and a strange sight, several hundred juvenile Sheep Crabs in the middle of the cove. It looked like a moving rock until I got closer.

My drysuit leaked again, so the 56F water was beginning to freeze my toes. I made it back to the outside of the cove after ninty minutes and still had over 1000 psi, so I decided to put up with the cold just to see what my computer would do after two hours. It stopped counting. :(

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to