diver.net

Re: Re: I, for one....

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Deb Karimoto on January 24, 2006 at 20:06:02:

In Reply to: Re: I, for one.... posted by Joe Diver on January 24, 2006 at 18:23:48:

Nope, I'm not a princess nor a diva. I carry my own gear to/from the boat or beach and lift my own dive gear. The only time I baby myself is with my weights on the swim step.

And nope, I don't think I know the instructors although who knows? They haven't been named (and I'm NOT asking them to be).

The closely related thread from last week had a few people stating that it is NOT customary for crew to take anything other than fins at the step unless there are medical reasons. I am simply saying I APPRECIATE it when the crew DOES take my weights because there were so many people stating strongly that it shouldn't be happening.

I wasn't trying to hi-jack the thread, although granted, this one is more aligned to instruction and standards than real-world post-cert diving than last week's was.... But in my real-world diving I appreciate it that crews take my weights and I certainly wouldn't want them to begin refusing to do so. I stated it here in this related thread because it is near the top of the page.

Debbie Karimoto

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.