diver.net

Re: Re: Harassment for spearfishing

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim on April 01, 2006 at 17:15:02:

In Reply to: Re: Harassment for spearfishing posted by Labugman on April 01, 2006 at 09:58:13:

I don't spearfish but I am saddened that you were harassed for spearfishing. I knew people who put themselves through school by feeding themselves off the bounty of the ocean. (Of course, once they graduated they said they would never eat fish again! Lobster was a different story.)

I would not blame you for doing spearfish friendly charters and I guess it would be too much to picket the shops on whose charter you were harassed but still manage to sell bags, stringers, guns, and what not. And congrats on the calico. Keep on guard as some people would seek to ban the activity altogether. As long as it is legal and you have your license go for it. When I worked on boats, I harassed people who popped game that was out of season or undersized or people who shots a kelp fish (not a kelp bass) just for the hell of it when it was obvious that "education" would not work.

In Camarillo a few years ago, they killed the 4-H program because at the end of the school year the animals were sold to slaughter, which was something some busy bodies objected to. But, they paid a premium for the rural quality of the area.

C'mon up to Anchorage for our Sportsmen show next weekend. We are not shy about these things. But most of us know better to wear our winter furs outside of the state.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to