diver.net

Re: Dive rite transpac harness sysytem-is it good?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David P on May 19, 2006 at 07:46:40:

In Reply to: Dive rite transpac harness sysytem-is it good? posted by Andy V on May 16, 2006 at 10:34:36:

I work part time at a shop that sells these BCs... I understand why so many people like them. They come with the "deluxe" harness with a little extra padding and they look cool. The back pad has a little padding and a butt load of cool little drings that I don't think you could reach while diving. These setups are a pain in the BVDs to setup up (nothing for you as the LDS will do it for ya) but once theyre setup, they are very easily adjustable with all their sliding doo dadds that DR has added. I personally prefer my simple SS plate and one piece harness, when I switch from wet to drysuit, I do not have to readjust. However if I switch from local to warm water, yeah I have to tighten it up.
Someone complained about the bungied wing, easy fix, buy the pack with a different wing. People complain about the integrated weight pockets (I don't like them either) wear a weight belt. People don't like the "strokery" of the adjustable hardware, nothing plastic, all stainless steel, I doubt too many people would be standing wearing big double steels on a boat or the beach for very long anyhow. Once your int the water there is almost no stress on any buckle anyhow. So paint a big blue H, give me an extra couple hundred dollars and we'll call it even.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to