diver.net

Re: Need info on Long Beach area lodgings.

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Laura on June 03, 2006 at 17:27:58:

In Reply to: Need info on Long Beach area lodgings. posted by Eric S on June 02, 2006 at 19:44:46:

There are some very nice luxury hotels by the Convention Center - Hyatt Regency at Pine & Ocean (562-491-1234) & Renaissance Long Beach at 111 E. Ocean (562-437-5900), for example. Both are pretty pricey. I had an acquaintance in town a couple of years ago with a smaller budget who stayed at the Beach Plaza Hotel at Ocean & Cherry (562-437-0771) - she said it wasn't fancy, but it was adequate. It's a bit farther from the Convention Center, but still on Ocean, which is generally a pretty nice area.

It's true there are some bad areas in Long Beach - some are just blocks from the Convention Center. I lived in one of the "iffy" redevelopment areas for several years & never had any problems, although I did hear of other people who had break-ins. And even in the nicer redeveloped downtown area around the Convention Center you may run into panhandlers, but that's true of many larger cities.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to