diver.net

Re: The karate wars

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on August 22, 2006 at 22:40:51:

In Reply to: The karate wars posted by Elaine on August 22, 2006 at 22:12:36:

Elaine,

Ankle weights are an unecessary piece of equipment no matter what the dive mission is, whether it be photography, wreck diving or whatever other type of diving a diver is doing. I have no intention of getting into any wars with you, quite frankly I try to avoid commenting on any post you make. You on the other hand seem to have no trouble commenting on my posts.

That said, I don't know where you got the impression I don't use photography equipment. I use a negatively bouyant Gates housing on almost every non-teaching dive I make.

In all candor, you seem too quick to want to engage in flame wars with me so perhaps it's best we avoid each other. My comments and my opinions will continue to be made, but given the limited access that I have to the list, and quite frankly the limited desire to post to this list, it is an unfair balance for you and I to engage in point, counter point.

FTR, I have no clue how you dive, whether you dive with ankle weights or not. If you want to dive ankle weights, go for it I swear to God I'm not going to loose one second of sleep over it. But those of us that have alternative opinions should be free to express them, or is it on this list, that only points of view that correspond with yours or Chris' are free to be expressed?

Have a nice night, and since Chris has blocked my office computer from posting to this list I won't have a chance to check back until tomorrow night, so have at it..

Later

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.