diver.net

Has it ever occured to you that I believe in what I'm doing????

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on August 23, 2006 at 23:06:00:

In Reply to: Can you make a little summary posted by Elaine on August 23, 2006 at 22:15:55:

We recommend a BP & wing. Whether it's Halcyon or another brand is irelevent, so long as the wing isn't bondage; we recommend a 7' hose and donating the primary regulator in an OOA, whether the hose is Halcyon or not doesn't matter, we recommend a shell drysuit, Halcyon doesn't make drysuits, we receommend Jet Fins, Halcyon doesn't make Jet Fins, we recommend no snorkel, we recommend a brass SPG, whether it's Halcyon or not is irrelevent, we recommend diving in a team, we recommend no computers, we recommend a depth gauge only, Halcyon doesn't make a depth gauge, we recommend a low volume compass, Halcyon doesn't make a compass, we recommend pockets on your suit, whether they are Halcyon or not doesn't matter so long as they are velcro, we recommend Wetnotes of any kind, we recomend a small SMB, we don't care what kind you buy, we recommend a spool -v- a reel, we don't care what kind of spool you buy, we recommend against upstream regualtors, Halcyon doesn't make regulators..

I could go an and on all day as to what we recommend for -v- against but the "stringet set of rules about what equipment" has more to do with eliminating variables in an emergency then the brand name, but you wouldn't let that notion get in the way of your fairly tale. If all team members are equipped like minded during one of your no vis situations that warrant a dive tracker, each team member doesn't have to figure out where each other's gear is in an emergency since we are all equipped the same way. That "stringent set of rules" reduces risk; it eliminates variables, and it could potentially save lives.. You don't get that, you see only what you want to see, you claim to not to want to be in the "karate wars' but it is YOU that are starting them, it's there for everyone to see.

You also claim that posters to this list to should not tell people how to dive and allow for free and open expression of diving philosophies, but yet at the same time you reject the way we dive. You seem to want it both ways. We have support and reasoning for everything we do, but yet the only thing I ever hear out of the likes of you is that "you're an experienced diver and it works for me" To which I say, "great, have fun and don't worry about what I say on the internet".. Why you worry that what I say on this list may transcend into someone questioning what you do on a dive boat defies logic and rational thinking. Just do as I do, if someone on a boat asks you why you are doing something the way you do it, simply defend your position. I get asked "WHY" all the time, I explain it and move on, why are you incapable of doing the same thing?

Elaine, your bias and your desire to engage is plain for everyone to see, please move on. My motives, despite your fantasies and erroneous innuendo, have been disclosed, debated and discussed ad naueseum. I have NO financial motives, trust me I have spent more money promoting what I believe in then I have earned. Did it ever occur to you that in the past I've made every mistake there was to make underwater and I was sick of seeing dead bodies, or reading accident reports and decided to try to make a difference?

Did it ever occur to you that I'm sick of people defending the rights of a diver to make stupid choices? Did it ever occur to you that I don't care what people like you say? Did it ever occur to you that when an accident happens it doesn't happen only to the diver in question? The rescue divers are impacted, the surviving family members are effected, the dive boat captains, DM, Shop owners often get sued as a result. Take for example the most recent fatality of the solo RB diver on the Olympic. Several people, including one of the rescue divers begged him not to do that dive, he had 2 kids and his wife is currently pregnant with the third child, did it ever occur to you that other's are impacted by reckless, macho actions of divers that press the limits?

If that offends you, or anyone else, too bad, I don't care..

I will continue to speak out when I see reckless acts, if you don't like that the simple way to avoid that is to simply avoid opening my posts, your attempts at linking my comments on this list to what someone may say to you on a boat are laughable.

Later
www.gue.com
GUE Inst.# 5027

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the