diver.net

Re: concept of minimal impact

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dwill on August 28, 2006 at 14:39:06:

In Reply to: concept of minimal impact posted by Elaine on August 28, 2006 at 14:24:46:

"There is a concept of "minimal impact"

Really funny if you take a look at the pictures you posted.
In one of them you have not one but two divers laying/wedged into the reef. It look like, I could be mistaken, but it looks like on of them has a piece of Hydrocoral right under his or her arm.

Funny, I've never heard of that concept anywhere except you post. In fact there are a lot of places in the world that won't even allow divers to wear gloves believing that, that will help prevent them from doing the very thing the "divers" in you photo's are doing.

On a reef ther is no such thing as "minimal impact" for the most part everything on a reef is living.

As for my dive reports. Last time I looked this was a "local board", since I travel all over the world to dive and I don't dive "locally" at all, and, given Chris's unigue brand of editing why would I post a dive report about some far off place (usually a wreck deeper than you can dive on air)(not that I ever dive air anyway for anything. Only Dinosaurs do that) that will be deleted because it doesn't pertain to local diving.

Self justification for destroying habitat as with pillaging wrecks just doesn't cut it. Maybe back the ancient times but not now.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to