diver.net

Why would you ever ask Chris?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on August 31, 2006 at 15:46:15:

In Reply to: Re: diver.net server replacement posted by Ken Kurtis on August 31, 2006 at 14:33:49:

I really don't understand that.

Ken, my goal in life is not to "take heat" from anybody. It isn't why I like to spend time under water. It isn't why I spend enormous amounts of time, money, and effort into the trip reports. All three of the above time, money, and effort are limited on my part - I do the best that I can, with what I have to spare. I can't always do "perfect" - it isn't possible for something that is strictly spare time hobby status. "Perfect" is rarely a reasonable goal. I truely appreciate the people who recognize the effort, overlook the typing errors etc., and see whatever they can in the trip that reminds them of why they like to spend time in the water. People who are frustrated because they can't make me be exactly what they want me to be, and what they think that I should be, have some pretty unrealistic expectations.

I am starting to think that your expectations, or whever you want to call them, are a little unrealistic. I don't work for you, I don't work for anyone else in the diving industry, and, I don't work for Chris, or diver.net. I make absolutely no profit in any way from the diving industry. It isn't my goal in life to write a trip report that is exactly what Ken Kurtis, or anyone else, would write. I'm just me and I like to get out and spend time underwater.

I spend time underwter because it is what I like to do. Spending time with myself, a camera, and the ocean keeps me together so that I can recharge my batteries and do some of the other less enjoyable things that I have to do in daily life. I think that you need to examine your expectations.

If posting accounts of my experiences only cause "heat' - I really have no desire to do them. When diving ceases to be a simple enjoyment - I will have no further desire to do it. I try to focus on the positive things that are out there, and not the negativity.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to