diver.net

FANTASTIC DAY!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Walt on September 23, 2006 at 21:54:33:

In Reply to: Brief recap of the clean-up at Whites Point posted by Elaine on September 23, 2006 at 18:00:57:

We could not have had better conditions today - easy surf entry, "California warm" water, great visibility and the best part - a really great, fun group of divers and top side support people!

Midway through my buddy any my dive we observed a perfectly shaped six legged bat star that resembled a Star of David (most bat stars are 5 legged). Seemed very appropriate since today was Rosh Hashanah (and I'm Catholic). Maybe it was God telling us to dive, have fun, and enjoy our friends! I know I did today!

Many thanks to everyone who showed up...it was nice to put the faces to the diver.net posting names and to see many past dive acqauintances. What was really cool was that this large group of divers came to clean-up a special place in honor of a very inspiring person, Paul Meister. There were nothing but smiles and grins on the divers' faces.

We had 23 divers in the water and 8 surface support people. We collected 49 pounds of trash which includes oddities like a Dodger baseball, golf ball, sparkplugs, and a full can of Tecate beer. Paul Meister's granddaughter recorded the types and counts of trash that was brought up. I'm sure her grandfather would be very proud knowing that his legacy of recording information at Whites Point has been passed on so appropriately to his charming granddaughter!

Next year will be the SECOND Annual Paul Meister White Point Memorial Clean-up - hope everyone can make it back!

Happy diving until then!

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.