diver.net

Bugz me, who's responsible?

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Divebum Don on October 25, 2006 at 20:09:44:

I understand bug frenzy, and prices, but decided not to eat any this year. I did try to help some friends gets some this past weekend. I've practiced many methods in the past to maximize take by hand, but felt it wasn't right to break antenae, or stuff a bag over the legal limits without guageing(sp)them first and then just measuring them all on deck, but we did it(in the past, YUK!), ....or we've teamed up, and WAY over stuffed 2 bags and draged them all onboard just to toss over the sometimes now damaged shorts(juviniles), and then of course give some away to our fellow unlucky divers from our WAY over our limit "luck". My question is that if our friends at the DFG were onboard the dive boat when we surfaced @ the ladder should we: A) Not worry because it's the Captains problem? B) Expect the Captain to NOT let us board their vessel with a "questionable bag" and just drop it in hopes there's no DFG divers in the water as well? or C)Take'em all cleanly and measure them on the spot? And a second poll question, at what weight do most of you all finally let them go? Just wondering?

Respectfully, Don Robarge

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.