diver.net

Help Save Abalone!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Deb Karimoto on November 09, 2006 at 16:19:58:

Dear Divers,

This is a notice to take action on behalf of ABALONE and it originated from Milo Vukovich of Recreational Fishing Alliance (RFA) and Steve Benavides, an Orange County diver and photographer who has been active in abalone politics for many years. Steve is a member of the Recreational Abalone Advisory Group (RAAC). The following words are essentially theirs although I have edited and stripped out much to make it shorter for you. I can forward to you their original emails by request.

Please sign the petition and also consider attending the meeting on November 18th.

Thank you,

Debbie Karimoto
OC Diving.com

Commercial abalone divers are trying to get back in business after decimating the abalone population in Southern California. They want to start harvesting the only viable and very small population of abs in southern California at San Miguel Island and then the Farallones. Unfortunately they have gotten support at the Fish and Game Commission. We must turn this around. Please fill out this petition and send it to everyone you know. It is easy and only takes a few minutes.

The Abalone Petition

We need every diver to sign the petition at the link and get involved in the political fight raging over the waters we enjoy.

We need other dedicated, passionate people to step up and learn how to be effective in defending and protecting our coasts. If you are interested in getting involved or finding out how you can help please contact me at the email below. There will be a meeting for interested parties on:

Saturday, November 18, 2006
10 am

Suite F Associates,
1910 E Warner Ave, Suite 2-F
Santa Ana, CA 92705

It is about a mile from John Wayne Airport and you must RSVP to:

Stephen G. Benavides
steve@*N*O*S*P*A*M*sgbcpa.com
949-474-7427

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail: