diver.net

3 dives at White Point, report, sorry no pics

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Adam on November 22, 2006 at 07:58:05:

For anyone who was mulling over whether to dive Thanksgiving weekend, hope this gives you the motivation to do it. With the morning high-high tide vis is kicking ass! Sorry I didn't get any photos, but hopefully next time I'll have the camera. :)

To everyone else who's been posting their dive reports, thanks! I've been checking here for a long time, but just never got around to posting my own dives...hopefully I can make it a habit from now on.

happy turkey day all,
Adam

Date: 11/21/06
Dive Location: White Point
Buddy(ies): solo
Time: 8:13 AM
Bottom Time: 53 min
Max Depth: 40 fsw
Vis: 25-30 ft
Wave height: <1 ft, super flat today
Temp at depth: 60
Tide information: high-high, just going out
Gas mix:air
Comments: Film crew on site today, but they didn't give me any trouble. Went in the usual left side of the cove, high-high tide made for an easy swim out and byoo-ti-ful vis! Descended off the rocks at the west point, headed south into deeper water. Never been here with this kind of vis, so enjoyed the scenery, checked out the vents, and spied a few bugs.

Time: 10:02 AM
Bottom Time: 1 hr, 5 min
Max Depth: 30 fsw
Vis: 25-30 ft
Wave height: <1 ft, still flat
Temp at depth: 60
Tide information: high going out
Comments: Descended on the same spot, but this time headed east around the point into Abalone cove, then back out. Calm, calm, calm. Found a nice fishing pole on the bottom at about 30 ft. Don't really fish, but maybe I can now.

Time: 2:06 PM
Bottom Time: 1 hr, 14 min
Max Depth: 20 fsw
Vis: 10-15 ft
Wave height: 1-2 ft
Temp at depth: 61
Tide information: almost low-low
Comments: Entered off the rocks on the right side of the cove this time. The kelp is thick! Vis degraded with the low tide, but still not bad at all. Surgy over the reefs, but lots of schools of halfmoons, surfperch, and topsmelt. Calicos aren't shy here at all! Hung out in a few underwater "rooms" beneath the kelp canopy, with sunlight filtering down thru the portholes above. Arrgh no camera!

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to