diver.net

Re: The Hell with the "Evil Empire"

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on July 07, 2007 at 20:33:34:

In Reply to: The Hell with the "Evil Empire" posted by Captain Tim Burke on July 05, 2007 at 19:26:28:

Tim,

I understand why you entered into a deal with Sport Chalet, it made sense at the time, but as I have told you repeatedly you can't trust Sport Chalet for anything. The fact of the matter is that they are a cut-rate mill that churns and burns their students through a mill. They only use the charter's for classes and anyone that knows anything about Scuba knows that if you get on a Sport Chalet boat that you are going to go to the most basic sites so Sport Chalet can plant their students on their knees in the most basic of spots.

The fact that they chose to squueze the boats in mid-season speaks to thier dishonorable tactics. I have called for a boycott of everything that has to do with Sport Chalet. I don't mean to just boycott their joke of a scuba department, I'm talking about a boycott of their camping department, their sneaker department, their ski department, I'm talking about the whole lot of it.

The reality about Sport Chalet is they are a mass marketing, cut rate outfit. They are the worst place for anyone to go for instruction and they are an even worst place to go to sign up for a charter. Unless you want to go to the most basic of dive sites, with a bunch of students that want to sit on their knees, why in the world would anyone want to join a Sport Chalet charter?

The local skippers need our support and the corporate giant that is known as Sport Chalet should take their publicly traded earnings and profits statements and shove them.. They don't care about our local dive community if it interfers with their target quarterly earnings so the only way to make them appreciate our feelings is to boycott everything they sell.

Chris Robinson of Sport Chalet is a dishonest person and frankly with his background at PADI and then Sport Chalet his future in the dive industry doesn't look very promising. I mean how much llower can you go then his history?

PLEASE BOYCOTT EVERYTHING THAT IS SPORT CHALET!!!!!!!!!!!

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to