diver.net

White Point dive report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on August 04, 2007 at 17:01:21:

Merry and I joined Jeff and Sue Shaw for a dive this morning at White Point in San Pedro. The ocean was flat and reports from free divers were warm water and twelve feet vis. The tide was very low, so we had to walk a long way to get in, but being able to see where you're going at White Point is a bonus.
We dropped down outside the cove to check out the kelp. Merry brought along a small jar of peas. She made many friends of the calico persuasion today. They followed her around for most of the 92 minutes we bathed in the 63F water.
It is rare for me to find a flatworm during a dive. Today I found three Prostheceraeus bellostriatus. They were far enough back in cracks that I didn't get a good shot, but I did get many bad ones trying.
Among the fish we saw were juvenile Garibaldis, opaleye, C-O sole, black eye gobies, sheephead, brown rockfish, grass rockfish and a nice black and yellow rockfish.
I found a new game bag and gave it to Jeff. He promptly re-gifted it to a free diver. He was happy to receive such a great find.
All in all, a fun dive. I can't wait for tomorrow when I get to play with my little red wagon at Marineland.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket